Hyakki Yako
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Social Final Fantasy XIV Linkshell on the Mysidia World

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crafting Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
khyr isseos
Tengu
Tengu
khyr isseos

Crafting Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Crafting Guide    Crafting Guide  EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:58 pm

this might help us, if youre not already a crafting Master XD , but if in the future new members join and want to read about it , I find it nice food for though.

COLORS:

Open beta brought us some small changes to the colors and sounds associated with synthing. They were subtle and hardly worth mentioning. The basic principles about color have not changed. Solid White is still the most stable with the highest chance for your action to succeed. Solid yellow and red indicate higher chances of success as well but less so than solid white. It is commonly accepted that solid yellow is more stable than solid red, however I have not had that experience nor have I gathered the data to prove it. Here are some general observations I can make about the three solid colors:

Solid White:

This has the highest rate of success. However, pay close attention and you will see that you can succeed at different tiers. The highest tier will give you large increases in progress and quality, while taking ZERO durability. The most common result is moderate progress and a small amount of quality with a slight hit to durability. Perhaps because of it’s stability, when you fail on solid white, you will suffer less. Therefore, I suggest you only take big risks with Rapid and Bold when your orb is solid white.

Solid Yellow:

This state does have a higher rate of success, but I want to assure readers that there is no evidence to support that Rapid, Bold or Standard actions will always work. If you have performed any action on solid yellow enough times you will see that the success rate is the same for all of them. I put that success rate at 50% for synths that are at or above your current skill level. That rate increases to 80% for synths that are well below your skill level. However, there is one thing people are forgetting about solid gold that can make a huge difference. When you succeed on solid yellow you will see similar results as when you succeed on solid white, BUT and yes it is a big BUT… when you fail on solid yellow you will suffer tremendously for your mistake. I would like to draw attention to the amount of durability you lose when a solid yellow fails — it is frequently 2-3x more than when you fail on a solid white. Most crafters are putting too much faith in solid yellow without regard for the consequences. I would suggest going all out on solid yellow only when you have about 25 durability to throw away.

Solid Red:

First, this may not appear “red” to many of us. It is more of a reddish orange, but it is solid. Take from my solid yellow remarks and add only the following: it appears to fail slightly more often than solid yellow and when it does fail it causes more damage than a fail on solid yellow. Again, there is no evidence to support the idea that Rapid, Bold or Standard will always work.

Summary: Pulsing colors are the least stable as always. In spite of that instability, you can still succeed at very high rates. The primary characteristic to remember about pulsing colors is that the success/failure rate is RANDOM. Sparks are a matter of debate as well… but in open beta at least, sparks seem to only mildly decrease the success rate of all the colors.

if you want to read more about this topic here is the original post.
http://ffxiv.nerve-gaming.net/?p=1054
Back to top Go down
Grangel
Tengu
Tengu
Grangel

Crafting Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting Guide    Crafting Guide  EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:50 am

thanks for this helpful guide post Khyr
Back to top Go down
Rai Yokai
Daitengu
Daitengu
Rai Yokai

Crafting Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting Guide    Crafting Guide  EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:44 pm

I am not sure if this is relevant since it has not been tested. But I thought I would post this for reference and testing. This is the FFXI Synthesis Compass for crafting. It might come in handy if the direction you face has an impact on your synthesis skill ups and success rates.
Crafting Guide  Synthi10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crafting Guide  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crafting Guide    Crafting Guide  Empty

Back to top Go down

Crafting Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hyakki Yako :: Final Fantasy XIV :: Final Fantasy XIV Guides-
Jump to: